Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oh My Gosh!

No doubt about it! I have had no time to tell you all about Lionel Hampton! Needless to say, I had a BLAST! So much fun. I won't bore you with all the details of what happened when, who said what and where... I will say that I learned a lot. 

It's amazing how simply listening to a few concerts can improve your musicianship. I don't know if you know who Benny Green is, but you should. INCREDIBLE pianist. Anywho, yes. Listening, as I have so often heard, is the key. (My high school choir teacher will be so proud). But really, I didn't even really realize what a difference a few days of fabulous concerts performed by incredible musicians had made until I was sitting on an airplane on my way to Seattle early Saturday morning. I felt empowered, strangely enough, by the things I had heard and seen throughout the week. I know that I have to do something in music. Honestly, I don't know if it's necessarily because I'm good at it. I just don't know what else I would do. These are the thoughts that ran through my head as I walked out of the Moscow, Idaho airport, which is the size of an elementary school cafeteria. 

I did feel very empowered that day, and for several days afterward. Maybe it's mostly because I had gotten to sing on stage with Bobby McFerrin the night before, in front of a fairly large audience. It was incredible, to say the least. 

I want to write more. I really do. But this is long as it is. And registration is not going the way I planned so...The End. : )

No comments: