Tuesday, February 17, 2009

For right now, it's meant to be...I guess

I've come to the conclusion that being a teacher (in church) is following me. Don't get me wrong, I love it. I do learn A LOT by doing it. It's great-I was a gospel doctrine teacher in Idaho and now I'm a relief society teacher here in Simi. Oh goodness...I was scared to death when I got asked to be the gospel doctrine teacher in Rexburg. But it happened. I survived. And here I am. A better and stronger teacher and person having done it. Don't misunderstand, I am not by any means a great teacher. I still have my moments of weakness when I feel totally incompetent and ask,"What were you thinking?" But I basically enjoy it now.  
This is always a good thing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Teaching is always hard. I've done it for two years and I still get really nervous when I have to do it. I'm glad you are learning from it. I don't know if you feelthis way, but teaching is probably one of my favorite callings. Right now I help teach the mission prep class. There is nothing better! It reminds me of what I learned on my mission and helps me know I am making a difference still. Keep up the good work, Sara.

Rachel said...

relief society is so much better! not that i hate gosple docterine but.....lets just say that after teaching it in the singles ward and our first ward here i am glad to be a sunbeam teacher now.

Bethany said...

I have never had a calling as a teacher. If I ever do, I know who to call ... pretty much everybody else in the family. :)

Bethany said...

P.S. I need your head circumference. Don't ask why.