Friday, March 11, 2011

Dear Reader

Funny story: I never ever ever thought I would be a blogger. EVER. (Can I emphasize that more?)

Yet, here I am... There is something about blogging that is different than a journal. (But before we get into that, where does the term "blog" originate? Oh, don't worry - I'll tell you. I just googled it. A blend of the term web log. Cool, huh? I guess. It's not too terribly original. Oh, well.) Anyway, in a journal you write all of your secrets. You pour out your hopes, your desires, your fears (however ridiculous they may be), and you leave it there. Not a soul knows about it except you. No one will ever make fun of you for feeling the way you did at that moment when words and good company couldn't comfort you. It's a vault. There's no lock or key, but everyone just knows that you don't read someone else's journal.

A blog is...how do I explain it? A blog is, simply, a diary for the public. You don't share you deepest and "most appalling" secrets. Well, unless you do - which is weird, by the way. A blog is for vain people, like me, who want to write about their lives and feel like someone besides their small circle of friends know about it. In a way, it lifts a seemingly insignificant and simply-led life out of obscurity. Who is reading this? I don't know. But it makes me feel good to think that someone might be. They might even be enjoying it.

Isn't that nice?

1 comment:

Jessica O. said...

i'm reading!