Sunday, September 21, 2008

Retreat!

Well here is my update on the Vocal Union retreat! It was super fun and so gorgeous. We went to the Quick Water Lodge which is somewhere....in Idaho. : ) 



There are twelve of us in the group but only 10 of us could go. We basically just hung out on Friday afternoon. We played a few games before and after dinner. That was pretty entertaining. I don't know if you have ever played the game "I've never..." but its a good way to find out things about people. Everyone sits in a circle and one person stands in the middle and says something they've never done. The people in the circle who HAVE done it stand up and everyone standing (including the person in the middle) has to try and sit somewhere where they didn't sit before. So...that was fun. I found out that a lot of people have been skinny-dipping... pretty much. But BEFORE that, my friend Katie and I just walked around and took pictures of the mountains and trees.







So that night we watched Mr. Bean. Oh my goodness...what a ridiculous movie. It was fun though. Sister and Brother Brower loved it! haha. You know whats weird? Having married people in your choir. Thats gunna take some getting used to. 

Anyway, moving on. So the next morning we had to get up at 7:30...LAME! I wanna sleep in on Saturdays! Oh well...life goes on. But we all got dressed and ready to go to our morningside. Ben, probably the oldest in our choir, led us up to a clearing in the mountain where he led us in the morningside. It was so awesome because not only was the spirit strong, but it was raining, too! It was so rad! 




Well after that we rehearsed for about 2 and half hours. I won't go in to detail about that. BUT, Katie and I got to lead a kind of mini-workshop on how to scat/improv. That was way sweet. I love jazz. It was fun to be in the teaching position and everyone seemed to really enjoy it!

So anyway after that we packed up and headed home. 

It was a good experience. I'm glad I was able to go. 

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Yay for retreats. Those are some of my favorite memories. Um... way to go on being the resident Scat Expert. You need to teach me. I stink at it.